Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Metro Detroit home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Metro Detroit“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Metro Detroit MI right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Metro Detroit, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Metro Detroit MI house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Metro Detroit… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.Here at 3D Property Solutions, we’re excited to offer you a complimentary, no-obligation property valuation. Our team specializes in helping you understand the potential selling price of your property in today’s market.Knowing your home’s value isn’t just about numbers – it’s a roadmap for your real estate journey. Armed with this knowledge you’ll make informed choices about pricing your property. You’ll have a realistic timeline in mind for selling, depending on market conditions. And you’ll be equipped to negotiate confidently and maximize your return.Ready to get started? Reach out via message or give us a call at (248) 949-1224. Whether you’re actively considering a sale or simply curious about your property’s worth, we’re here to provide the insights you need
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.The speed at which you need to sell your house is a significant factor to consider. Are you in a rush to relocate for that exciting new job opportunity or personal change? Or do you have the luxury of time to wait for the perfect offer? Balancing the need for speed with your financial well-being is key. Your real estate journey should be tailor-made to fit your circumstances. A trusted real estate professional can help you navigate this decision, offering insights into market trends and crafting a strategy that aligns with your goals. Understanding your urgency can guide your strategy.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >> At the heart of our team are Dean and Dave, your dedicated agents. With a passion for real estate and a commitment to your needs, they’re here to guide you through every step of the process, ensuring you’re empowered to make the best decisions.
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc.Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses.If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that?Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees).Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Metro Detroit MI agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank. If waiting and commissions aren’t in your game plan, there’s an alternative worth considering – selling your house to us! We’re not just a solution; we’re your local house buyer. A hassle-free, swift, and commission-free sale could be exactly what you need.The choice is yours, and your action will shape your outcome. Whether you’re keen on the agent route or eager to explore selling to us, the time to decide and act is now.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is 3D Property Solutions And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Metro Detroit?
We’re not just investors; we’re advocates for families and communities. Our purpose is clear – to make a positive impact by purchasing houses from Metro Detroit residents who are in need of a swift solution for various reasons.
At 3D Property Solutions, we’re more than transactions – we’re about transformation. We’re here to help homeowners like you navigate challenges and seize opportunities, providing a path to financial relief and a brighter future. Behind each decision is a story. We understand that life’s twists and turns can lead to situations where selling your home quickly becomes a necessity. Our goal is to provide you with a solution that not only meets your needs but also supports your family.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Metro Detroit community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Metro Detroit real estate, so please feel free to call us at (248) 949-1224 and chat with us anytime.